Fibromyalgia is classified as a chronic medical condition that includes a range of symptoms. Some commonly presented in individuals suffering from fibromyalgia are muscle and joint tenderness, widespread pain throughout the body, and even chronic fatigue. Understanding various types of fibromyalgia treatment options can be done by turning to a chiropractor near you, such as our Dr. George at Enfield Chiropractic. At Enfield Chiropractic, serving Enfield, CT, we provide various chronic pain treatment options for our patients struggling with a range of conditions, including fibromyalgia itself.
Signs and Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia, because of its complexities, can vary in terms of symptoms and severity based on the individual who is suffering. However, some of the most common indicators that an individual may have fibromyalgia include:
- Chronic Widespread Pain: Feeling pain from the touch on various areas of the body can indicate inflammation. When there is a lack of cause for inflammation and it is chronic, it may be attributed to fibromyalgia.
- Chronic Fatigue: Another indicator that an individual may be suffering from fibromyalgia is chronic fatigue.
- Insomnia: Insomnia may also be linked to fibromyalgia, as it is thought that the condiiton may also be linked to neurological issues and/or defects.
- Increased Anxiety and Depression: Neurologically, fibromyalgia also has the potential to contribute to the onset of anxiety and depression.
Chiropractic Treatments for Fibromyalgia
Treatments for fibromyalgia will vary based on your individual needs and any other underlying conditions you may have. Some fibromyalgia chiropractic treatments that may prove to be effective for you might include:
- Adjustments: Spinal adjustments are some of the most common treatments chiropractors may provide to potentially help with pain relief.
- Corrective Exercises: Corrective exercises might also help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Soft Tissue Therapy: Soft tissue therapies may help with providing relief in specific areas of the body.
- Nutritional Changes: A proper diet can help eliminate dietary-related inflammation, which might be a cause of inflammatory conditions in the body. Avoiding inflammatory foods and processed foods can significantly reduce inflammation beneath the skin.
Get Chiropractic Care, Chronic Pain Treatment, and Fibromyalgia Treatment from a Chiropractor Near You
Understanding the basics of fibromyalgia can be useful if you believe you require fibromyalgia treatment at any point in your life. With the right corrective exercises, stress management techniques, and lifestyle changes, you can begin to take control of your life while mitigating symptoms that stem from fibromyalgia. For more information, contact us at Enfield Chiropractic in Enfield, CT today. Call us at (860) 265-7901 for chiropractic care, chronic pain treatment, and fibromyalgia treatment from a chiropractor near you.